Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Graduation? I'm past that.

Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent.
~Carl Sandberg


I'm getting my Associate Degree tomorrow, but I'm missing the ceremony for a meeting. The college wanted to deck me out in
ostentatious cords and lanyards, so I don't regret my absence. I'll get my diploma in the mail by Friday.

I don't understand their obsession with ceremony. I have the credit hours and the GPA; I'll have the piece of paper, so why should I be concerned with walking on stage? I've been on that stage before. I've met and interviewed my college president. I haven't done the two combined, but it doesn't seem too incredible.

The next stage of college starts in five weeks. I'll be attending a decent university in the D.C. area, studying international economics under some fantastic professors. People keep asking me if I'm going to miss my old college. It's a silly question.

To quote the last movie I watched (Iron Man): "
I've been called many things. Nostalgic is not one of them."